~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, May 28, 2010

What's Been Happening...

Hello! Just thought I'd try to fill you in a little on what's happening with me! :)

Well, last Thursday morning, my four-member family left on a two-day-one-night camping trip - something we haven't done in AGES! We had an extremely enjoyable time, sitting and reading, swimming, hiking, playing UNO, and just visiting, knowing there was nothing 'pressing' that was demanding our time, and nowhere we had to go. We took our new tent (we've only slept in it twice before, and both of those times were in our backyard, which doesn't count ;) ), and Dad made hamburgers and hotdogs on the little grill provided at the camp site (yea, I know, we cheated) and we roasted marshmallows over a campfire. All in all, we really enjoyed the two days.

Next week (beginning Monday) is Vacation Bible School at church, and Trissy and I have been over there every day this week (except today) helping Lindy and her mom decorate Oliver's classroom. Yes, Oliver is one of the teachers - he's got the kindergarten age group. He's had to work most of the week though, and couldn't work on the room himself, so he was really grateful for the help. We've had alot of fun, but we're about ready for it to be finished! We are really praying for the Lord to get glory out of this VBS. We've been praying for the kids that will attend, and even for adults that might be affected as well.

I made tacos for lunch today, and they turned out pretty good, even if I do say so myself ;). I'm not much of a cook, so that's always 'iffy' - how the meal will turn out, that is. :)

I'm supposed to start a summer class Monday. It's online though, so that is a REAL blessing! I won't have to drive to the college that way, and I might still have a chance at some of the summer trips going on around here. There is a camp in June (I might have mentioned it before) run by some people who go way back with my folks. They used to be missionaries together, and now some of the kids are great friends with Trissy and me. I am so praying I can go to that camp! The Bible teaching is so good, and it's a great challenge - plus I get to see friends (family, almost) who I only get to fellowship with once or twice a year.
Speaking of these friends-who-are-almost-like-family, one of these friends' mother is expecting a baby any day now. Her parents have been wanting more children for years now (she has two sisters), and they've lost about five. This one was supposed to come Tuesday, and she promised to send me a postcard as soon as he got here. I should have gotten it by now, and I'm getting afraid something went wrong. Please pray for this!

Well, I've got to run - So long for now! :)

No comments: