~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Monday, May 17, 2010

Catch Up...

Ok, yeah, I know I haven't posted in a LONG time, but you have to understand that I can't spend all my time on the computer ;)! Anyway, with finals in school, and finishing that up, then trying to get at least somewhat caught up on my 'other' life, I just have not had the opportunity to blog for several weeks, as I'm sure you've noticed (my visitor counter tells me you have been faithfully visiting - I'm sorry I haven't had anything fresh for you in so long!). I don't think I've even looked at another blog in about four weeks or so, except for just a short, unsatisfactory glance. So I appologize for the lack of comments on the blogs I usually follow regularly - I hope to do some back-reading, to try to catch up on what's been going on with y'all during my month-long 'blog silence'.







So, what's been going on with me lately? Well, (in a nutshell) of course besides finishing up school, I've been doing alot of picking-up-clutter, vacuuming, yard/garden work, feeding animals, doing dishes, and just in general trying to catch up on all my chores that have been, out of necessity, sadly neglected and/or left on Trissy's and Mom's shoulders while I scrambled with finals and end-of-semester assignments. I've also had the privalege of starting a book (for pleasure, this time - not a textbook!), spending evenings with Dad, Mom, Trissy, and my grandparents instead of studying, being outside, putting in a couple of extra days at work (saving for a camera), being available when my family needed an extra hand with something, planning a baby quilt for a friend, getting in bed before 2:00 AM, and other little pleasures of ordinary, every-day existance that, I regret to say, I took slightly for granted before I aquired a second life and identity called, 'college student'.







So that's it in a nutshell. I'll try to begin posting again in more detail as I get the chance.







I never filled y'all in on the chicks we were supposed to have hatch. Well, out of the dozen-and-a-half, only seven broke the shell. Of those, five actually hatched. And one of those is crippled. But he/it has certainly taught me lessons on patience, perseverance, compassion, responsibility, and determination. It flaps it's wings and kicks with one leg and scoots on it's stomach instead of walking, but it is slowly learning how to get around. The other four are big enough that they are already out in the chicken pen with the big chickens, but this little guy is still up here at the house in a cardboard box, and I feed and water it every couple of hours or so. Since it has such little control over it's fine-motor mobility, I have to hold it so it can reach into the little cup of feed or water, and it pecks and drinks that way. Alot of people would/do think it's an awful lot of trouble to go to for just one crippled chick. Why not just go ahead and put it out of it's misery, and save myself alot of time and trouble as well? But here's the thing: It seems like a principle - I/we prayed that it would live, when it first hatched and it seemed like there was no way it could survive. And the Lord caused it to live and even thrive, except for it's crippledness. Also, I feel like the Lord is using it to teach me lessons in character like the list I mentioned above. He doesn't just throw us away when we're hurting does He? And a parent (at least, a Godly one) doesn't give up, when they have a hurt or handicapped child! Of course not! So, as I try to help it along, I'm praying the Lord will teach me lessons in the situation, and I'm still holding out hope that eventually the chick will become independent and I will be rewarded for all my efforts.



Well, that is all the time I have for tonight. Lord willing, I will be able to update y'all on some of the other things that have been happening to me ;) , hopfully soon, but if not, please bear with me and rest assured, I do plan to come back! :)



May the Lord work mightily in your lives! 'Til we meet again -



SOLI DEO GLORIA!



-Kyrie<><

1 comment:

Cora Beth said...

Hooray--a post!

It was good to hear about your busyness and that you haven't totally forgotten about your on-line friends... :) I know how it is to be busy!

I was blessed by what you said about the chick and what lessons it's teaching you. I have chick-chores to do every day as well... We have had 7 chicks in the house for several weeks and I thought it was about time to get them out in the sunshine. We have a lot of cats that like chicken however, so my dad helped me with my plan to put them in a small stock-tank that the bottom was cut out of so they could be on grass. Then I put a screen on top of the tank and set some rocks on it. I left the chicks out that first night and put a tarp and some heavy plastic over the top to keep them warm, (there were gaps in it so they could have air), but it rained that night and the strong wind that came with the rain blew the tarp and plastic off the top of the tank, leaving the poor chicks exposed to the cold and wet. When I found them in the morning, one had died and the other 6 looked nearly dead. I picked them all up in one handful and hurried to the house. Mother took over then while the rest of us did chores and got them warmed up inside (with cayenne pepper tincture) and out (gave them warm baths, dried them off, and put them under the heat lamp...) They all pulled through and enjoyed being outside today. But, I brought them in tonight--so as not to risk them getting too cold again.

This comment is getting very long, so I'll end it now and just wish you much joy as you learn the lessons God has for you~
Love,
Cora