~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Chick Cage

Today Dad gave up a large portion of his day to help me make a sort of cage for my little crippled chick. Trissy and I hope to go to Youth Camp in the northern part of the state in a couple of weeks, and I know Dad and Mom can't give my chick the kind of attention I have been, feeding and watering it every few hours, so I devised a way to (hopefully) accomplish several several things at once. 1 - Dad and Mom won't have to take such detailed care of him while I'm gone, 2 - He will be learning to take care of himself, 3 - I won't be 'worrying' about him as much.
The 'cage' is just a wooden rectangle frame, that I plan to cover with chicken wire, except on the bottom. He can then be put out in the chicken yard, feed scattered around him, a little waterer set in the center, the 'cage' set over the whole deal, and voila! the big chickens are kept away, clean-up is minimal, and he will be forced to scoot around to get the feed and water for himself, thus making him more independent, and me freer.

*Be sure to check this post again later - I've got to go now, but I hope to post a picture of the cage frame (I haven't gotten a chance to put the wire on yet), and an update on VBS!*

Ttyl!

No comments: