~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

EchoLOUD




echo: "a repetition or imitation of another"

loud: "marked by intensity of volume..."


A few years ago during the young people's class at a church my family was visiting, I was given a wristband. You know what I'm talking about, those plastic-y rubbery ones that were so popular a couple of years ago. Well, they were popular here, I don't know about where you are... Anyway, this one was orange, and the letters ECHOLOUD were stamped on it.

I got the wristband because I knew the memory verse; but I wondered - what's the significance of this? Does it mean anything, or is it just a prize for knowing the verse? If the latter was the case, it seemed pretty shallow. But the teacher went on to explain.

In the last few weeks, I've thought quite a bit about the meaning of this little bracelet. Do I live by what it stands for? Do I take it for granted, or do I take it for the serious, solumn command and challenge that it is? How can I improve? What else can I do?

The orange is for the color of a life vest. When someone is drowning in a spaceless, helpless sea, what do they want most in the world? Well, most likely a boat and people who will throw them a life vest. Rescue.
We should be the rescuers - throwing spiritual life vests to people who are hopelessly drowning in a sea of sin. We should be that bright orange beacon of hope.
The ECHOLOUD means just what you might guess. An echo is a repetition of something. What higher goal is there in the life of a saved (rescued) born-again believer than to be an echo of Christ? To repeat His teachings, reflect His life, and demonstrate His love to a drowning populace - that is life! And our echo? Echo LOUD!

No comments: