~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, May 10, 2013

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 84



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: Fireflies

2. Hearing: Tractor

3. Smell: Country Air

4. Taste:

5. Touch: Breeze

The stories behind the list:

1., 2., and 3. Yesterday evening I took some of our vegetable trimmings and food scraps out to the compost. I went through the front yard but left the front light off, and when I stepped out onto the porch, the gentle night breeze blew refreshingly into my face and made me forget for a minute how tired I was. I breathed deeply of the sweet, cool, spring air. It smelled of rain, growing grass, damp earth, and fresh-cut hay. A big John Deere tractor moved steadily back and forth through the field across the dirt lane that runs in front of The Grandparents' house, it's single powerful headlight casting a swatch of friendly day in front of the busy machine. Mom's cousin, who farms most of the land around us, was gathering the last of the big round hay rolls that remained from the week of frantic baling between rainstorms.
I stepped out into the yard, and looked up at the clouds through the leaves of the two pecan trees as I walked across the cool grass. The clouds promised to rain again, but a handful of brave stars twinkled through. As I walked and looked, I thought my eyes tricked me at first, glancing quickly as I was, when I saw a tiny flash of light against the dark of the leaves. But then I saw several more around in the yard, and realized they were fireflies!

4.

5.

No comments: