~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, October 26, 2012

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 56



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight:

2. Hearing: Archer's Comment About Abigail And Law

3. Smell: The Gym At Victory Rd.

4. Taste: Lunch Thursday

5. Touch: Ava Braiding My Hair

The stories behind the list:

1.

2. Long story short, Wednesday night after prayer time, we got to discussing how different people 'grow up' differently and mature at different rates.
Archer said Abigail was really difficult for about seven years before they came to Victory Rd. Then he said, "Abigail's grown up alot, and Law will too."
Especially coming from him, and in the context of the rest of the discussion and recent events, I can not even begin to describe what an encouragement that statement was to me.

3. I went to the church yesterday for something, and as I walked into that big empty gym, I was overwhelmed by the smell of memories. I have no idea what the 'smell' in that gym actually is - probably a combination of many smells - but it is a precious one. So much history has been lived in that gym. So much before I came to Victory Rd. So much since I've been here.
As I walked across the floor, it just overwhelmed, slowed, and stopped me. I knelt on the basketball court and prayed for Victory Rd., for the children and young people that have crossed that floor and that cross it every week, and for a particular one especially.

4. Yesterday I took left-overs for my lunch at work: Meatloaf, canned (store-bought) french green beans, mashed sweet potatoes, and home-made macaroni and cheese.

5. Thursday night at College Bible Study I had my hair in a side ponytail and Ava started playing with the curl it made. She asked if I ever braid my hair (I do alot actually, I guess I just haven't much recently) and if it was okay for her to.
Sweet, funny, random, wonderful Ava. Of course I let her.

No comments: