~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, September 28, 2012

"I'm Still Yours"

"If You washed away my vanity,
If You took away my words,
If all my world was swept away,
Would You be enough for me?
Would my beating heart still sing?

If I lost it all, would my hands stay lifted
To the God who gives and takes away?
If You take it all, this life You've given,
Still my heart will sing to You.

When my life is not what I expected,
The plans I made have failed,
When there's nothing left to steal me away,
Will You be enough for me?
Will my broken heart still sing?

If I lost it all, would my hands stay lifted
To the God who gives and takes away?
If You take it all, this life You've given,
Still my heart will sing to You.

Even if You take it all away,
You'll never let me go.
You take it all away and I still know
That I'm Yours, I'm still Yours!
Oh, I'm Yours, I'm still Yours!"

I first heard this song about a year and a half ago, as we were getting ready for D-Now at Victory Rd. in March of 2011.
I shuddered to think of all of it being gone, but I forced myself to consider, "If He took it all away, all this He's given me, would I still sing?"
The thought of losing Victory Rd. and all it meant to me and all I'd learned from the experiences and all the precious people was absolutely heart-breaking. Yet as the weeks passed and I considered and looked deep into my own heart, I prayed that if for some reason He chose to take it all away from me, that He would make Himself be enough for me. That I would still sing. That I would still praise Him. That, like the dear man Job in the Bible, I would have the spiritual strength to say, 'The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.'

Strange how life works; and yet, not so strange, for though His ways are above our ways - insofar that we can't even hope to understand them - yet if we read and believe the Bible, we know that He is quite literally in control. And perhaps in that song, He was not only preparing me for what might be, but for what would be. For now at the time of this writing, so much of what I had then is gone. Or at least it's certainly not like it was before.
And since that time in March over a year ago, He has heaped new blessings on me that I could have only hoped and prayed for and dreamed about then.
So the question is perpetually a new one, and I think He asked me again this week: If all my world was swept away, would He be enough for me? If I lost it all, would my hands stay lifted to the God who gives and takes away? If He took it all, this life He's given me, would my heart still sing to Him?

I'd still be His.

No comments: