~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, July 5, 2013

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 92



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight:

2. Hearing:

3. Smell:

4. Taste: Milkshake

5. Touch: Lake Water / Hug From Piper

The stories behind the list:

1.

2.

3.

4. On the days when I work at the restaurant, I've started taking a home-made smoothie/milkshake for my lunch. It's quicker, easier, and just as healthy (or maybe better) than packing a 'lunch', and the food at the restaurant is too unhealthy and expensive for me to get all the time. I've got a recipe that I've altered from the one Mom makes for our family breakfast on Sunday mornings, and I personally think it's pretty good! But at work Tuesday, when I went to the refrigerator, got my milkshake, and took the first swallow, I thought, "Wow! That's good!" The perfect chocolat-y/peanutbutter mix. I think it was just about the best one I've made!

{Note: For anyone who's interested, I'm including how to make this shake. Warning though: I don't measure, I just estimate my ingredients then taste the finished product. If it tastes like it is lacking a little bit of something, I add some. Also, this shake is not very sweet. I'm used to not eating alot of sugary foods though, so it's delicious to me.

Kyrie's Healthy Chocolate/Peanut Butter Shake

1 1/2 frozen bananas
1 raw egg (we raise our own chickens and eggs, so feel that it's fine to use them raw for this purpose)
1 1/2 tablespoon Hershey's unsweet cocoa
1 level tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
20 oz. skim milk

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
(If anyone tries this, I'd love it if you would comment and let me know what you think!)}

5. At the church picnic, later on in the afternoon after we had eaten, Joy, Piper, and I were waiting beside the pavillion for a couple of others and we were going to walk down to the lake together. We were just standing, talking and waiting. The weather was nice and mild, and the late-afternoon light filtered through the trees. After a few minutes, we stood silent, quietly absorbed in our own thoughts. Suddenly without warning, Piper turned and put her arms around me. She rested her forehead on my shoulder, sortof standing with her feet farther back so she leaned against me at an angle. I was caught completely by surprise. She said nothing before or after to indicate her reason, whether she was tired and I provided a comfortable 'rest', or if she was sad for some reason and needed the comfort of a hug, or if it was just a simple gesture of friendship and trust. But whatever it was, after I got over my surprise, I put my arms around her shoulders and leaned my cheek down against the top of her head. And I had an incredibly strong desire to protect this precious little friend, to be a friend worthy of her trust, and a Christian worthy of her imitation.
/
For this story (also at the church picnic), visit this post.

No comments: