~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, January 4, 2013

"5 Small Things Friday" No. 66



Go back and read this post for the story behind "Five Small Things Friday".

For this week, here is my list:

1. Sight: Austin And Ava's Wedding

2. Hearing: 'Pop-Culture' Discussion

3. Smell: Evergreen Candle

4. Taste: Chicken Gumbo

5. Touch: Hug From Austin

The stories behind the list:

1. Saturday was such a blessing. I wish somehow I could capture the whole day on paper, but I just don't think I have the talent to paint the magic like I'd want to. See THIS post for my thoughts in a nutshell.

2. I don't remember how we got into it, but Tuesday at music practice, Julia and I began discussing music and movies and TV, with Law listening and chiming in every now and then. I mentioned how some people say that such-and-such was a "good" movie or a "good" song, but their meaning of the word "good" doesn't seem to be what I think of when I say "good". She asked me what I meant, and I tried to explain how I feel - that certain content or messages automatically negate a movie or song from being good. Things influence you. People are different in their levels of strength, but no matter how strong you are, negative content is going to affect you to some degree. Even if it's not 'real'. And I'd just rather err on the side of caution; if I feel my conscience twinge at something, I'd rather just avoid it and play it safe.
I hope I got across what I meant without seeming judgmental towards people who do watch or listen to things I disagree with. The last thing I'd want would be to seem 'holier-than-thou' and hurt somebody! But Julia seemed to understand what I was trying to say, and I was thankful. I was also surprised and encouraged that Law was listening to our conversation, and kept agreeing with what I said!
It was just a good, open, honest discussion, and I love those.

3. Mom has a little evergreen-scented jar candle, and somebody (either she or Trissy, don't know which) lit it Thursday and the whole living room/kitchen/dining room part of the house smelled wonderful.

4. Trissy made chicken gumbo Wednesday, and Trissy makes the best chicken gumbo. End of story.

5. We (Trissy and I) didn't know until the last minute if we'd get to go to Austin and Ava's wedding. Dad and Mom weren't going to get to go, and they wouldn't let us drive that far by ourselves. So unless we could get a ride, we'd have to miss it. Which would have been so heart-breaking. But the Lord worked it out and at the last minute we found that we could ride with Bro. Blake and the rest of that crew. We'd told Austin and Ava that we might not make it, so they didn't know we were coming. When we walked in the door, most of the groomsmen, Austin, and Bro. Earl and Mrs. Shannen were standing in the church entry-way, greeting those coming in. When Austin saw us, he didn't say anything, he just walked over and hugged us with that million-dollar grin lighting up his face. Words weren't necessary.

No comments: