~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thoughts of Spring Blog Party

Photobucket


Found another blog party! This is the last day, and I love 'trivia' (as I've said before) so decided to jump on the tail end. :)


1. How would people describe your personality? (If they could only use ONE word.)


That's a kind of funny question. I mean, how would I know what word OTHER people would choose? I guess I could take a poll and find out a common word...
Until then, some words I think some of my friends would choose, would be "enthusiastic", "opinionated", or "loyal".

2. Are they right?

Depends on the context, but mostly yes :)

3. What celebrity/celebrities would create a “Star-Struck” feeling if you saw them in real life?

Hmm, not really any, I don't think. There are several I'd like to meet, but they're just regular people like I am - the only difference is more people know their name than know mine.

4. Who is your favorite blogger? Why?

Wow! I could not pick a "favorite"! I enjoy too many. But Jenna, Josh, and their mother, Mrs. Regan have been some of my biggest inspirations and encouragements in the faith. I love their honesty, their imperfections, their passion for the Lord, their love for family, for farming, for frugality, and for fun. I'm challenged by their examples, I'm encouraged by their less-than-perfect-ness. They have become dear friends - even if only blogging friends.

5. What is one of your comfort foods/drinks?

Potato soup!

6. Be brave – tell us something very random and weird about yourself.

I believe birth control is just as wrong as abortion.
I believe it is wrong to kiss someone who is not your spouse.

The reason I listed these two opinions as something 'weird' about myself, is because recently I have been rudely awakened to the sad fact that many 'Christians' do not believe either one of these things. I won't go into detail here, but I plan to do a post on both those topics soon.

7. Do you have a strong desire to do something you’ve never done?

Oh yes!

8. What is it?

Goodness! Lots of things!
One that stands out would be going to Scotland.

9. Movies: Action, Drama, Romantic Comedy, Documentary, Comedy? What are your favorite genres?


Action, historical fiction, documentary, adventure, etc. But always from a Christian standpoint, and I am VERY strict about content. So, I have more 'favorite movies' rather than 'favorite genres'.
I love Sherwood Pictures' movies!

10. Books: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Romance, Biographies, True Stories, Self-Help, Devotional/Study? What are your favorite types of reading material?

Here again, like movies, I have more 'favorite books' than a whole category. But I love Christian historical fiction, biographies and autobiographies of great missionaries and historical people, Christian resources, and about anything worth reading I can get my eyes on.

11.Music: Funk, Rock, Country, Jazz, Classical, Film Score, Blues, Classic Rock, Crooner, Alternative, Heavy Metal, Techno? What are your favorite types?

Ew yuck, some of those. I love old-fashioned Southern Gospel - four-part harmony, men's quartets and trios, and toe-tapping convention-style music. I love the old hymns. I love quality, inspiring, stirring orchestra and military music. I like some of the WWII era big-band music. I also love Celtic - of course, if the words are appropriate.

12. If you inherited a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do with your money?

The first thing? That would be to tithe it, and give the tithe to my church or to missionary work.

13. Name one weakness of yours (confession is good for the soul).

Miniatures. HMMHMM I LOVE miniatures! Almost miniature anything - but not everything.

14. If you could live anywhere at all (and take all your loved ones with you), where would you go?

Well, some of my loved ones may have other places they'd want to live, so it would seem a little selfish to drag them all to my place... But I understand the question.
Scotland or Tennessee, but I'd need to think a little before I could decide between the two.

15. Strange Talent? Can you juggle basketballs, put your legs behind your head or perform some other strange feat?

Hmmm. Well, I can sit flat on the ground with my knees bent and flat on the ground so that my heels come back and can touch the sides of my thighs! I can also make the back of my tongue vibrate forwards and backwards really fast, so that if I say "Ah" at the same time, it sounds like, "Yoin, yoin, yoin, yoin" but really fast and run together. Don't know if that one counts - probably lots of other people can do that, but Trissy can't - she's always exclaiming, "How do you DO that?!" whenever I'm going around doing it ;) .

16. What’s something you consider yourself to be good at? (Don’t worry, it’s not bragging, it’s acknowledging a God given gift).

Caring.

17. What is one of your favorite things to catch a whiff of?

Mmmm! The perfume or cologne of a friend. Gives me a good feeling.

18. When you leave a social gathering, do you wish: You would have talked more or You would have talked less?

Well, of course it depends on what I said, and what I didn't. Usually some of both I guess.

19. If money wasn’t a factor, what stores would you shop in?

Etsy
Hobby Lobby
Michael's
Books-A-Million
And if money wasn't a factor (in other words, I had all I'd want to spend), then probably other stores too.

20. What is your greatest fear or strange phobia?

Greatest fear: Disappointing the Lord.
Strange phobia: Bears. I hate bears. Real ones, that is. Stuffed ones are fine :)

21. What is your greatest accomplishment?

Glorifying the Lord.

22. What are your favorite animals?

1. Horses
2. Dragonflies
3. Pigeons/doves
4. Dogs

23. Are you a hopeless romantic?

Um NO-OO!

24. What movie or book character can you most relate to?

Dan, from the book "Little Men"


Well, some of that 'about me' I've already covered in other posts or blog parties. But I had fun doing it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you. Amen on the birth control thing. I'll be interested to read your post.