~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Disney's Narnia: The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader

Well, for any of you who are Narnia people and haven't heard yet, the "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" trailer has been released. I am hoping that the makers learned their lesson with the major fan dissapointment of "Prince Caspian", and decided to stick to the book for their inspiration for "Dawn Treader", instead of their own immaginations. The first one they made, "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe", wasn't exactly like the book, but any alterations that were made only honored and enhanced the original C. S. Lewis ideas. Their version of "Prince Caspian" however, was such a major dissapointment in so many areas! It's only redeeming quality, I felt, was how they handled the character of Edmund. I thought they 'did' him excellently.

Now it's time for "Dawn Treader". Set to release this December, and so far, the trailer looks very familiar to anyone who has read the book. I detected only a couple of things I didn't recognize, and I'm hoping that means "Dawn Treader" will be patterned more after the quality of "Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe".

I thought I'd post the trailer here for anyone who's interested.



Once again, I would like to note that I have not viewed any of the 'related' videos whose links may be displayed with this one. Please use caution if you choose to view any of them - sometimes not-so-nice (and totally unrelated) material is snuck in to this list.

No comments: