~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Just A Day








I've been wanting to do a post where I document a day in my life - solely in pictures. Probably no words at all, just the images to tell the story. The idea seemed to promise both fun and challenge.
But... I've tried to do it twice this week, and neither day went very well. I got a few pictures I really like but, the experiment as a whole didn't 'work'. Either I missed things I wanted to include, or something was out-of-the-ordinary for the day (rain, the Grandparents needing to get up earlier than usual, canceled music practice on Tuesday, etc.), or I didn't have the focus right, or there was something else. I'd just wanted to include a typical day. I tried to do it Tuesday, and again yesterday, but it just didn't work out.
So... I'm just going to post a couple from yesterday that I like that I did get. Hopefully I can try again, right?

Thursday was a nice day though! The morning was gray and over-cast, but I still did my morning bike ride, and then went up to the Grandparents' to help them get up and get breakfast. Then it was off to work at the restaurant, and after that at Victory Rd. Christian Academy.
The restaurant is doing a special on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:00-7:00 where ice cream cones are fifty cents instead of $1.50, so as a treat, after I got off at the academy, Dad, Mom, Trissy, and the Grandparents met me there and I bought us all ice cream cones. The day started out warm, but by mid-afternoon, it was beginning to get cool, and we were actually wearing jackets as we sat out on the patio of the restaurant and ate our ice cream!
When we left, Trissy drove the Grandparents in their car back to their house, and I joined them there to help the Grandparents get out of the car, into the house, and settled in the living room where they spend their evenings. Dad and Mom went to our house, because a man was supposed to be bringing a part for Mom's vacuum cleaner. But after Trissy and I'd helped the Grandparents get into the house and settled watching "Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye", the Grandmother asked if we'd like to stay for a little while. So I went back out to my car and got my crocheting, and we sat in the living room and watched an episode of "Sue Thomas", one of "The Andy Griffith Show", and one of "The Waltons", until it was time to help them get ready for bed. It was so relaxing and enjoyable! Our whole family tries to go and eat supper with them and spend the evening on Friday nights, but it had been a long time since Trissy and I just went up for a visit. This time we didn't have to fix or clean up after supper, we had our crocheting or projects to sit and work on, and we spent a leisurely couple of hours just relaxing, enjoying each others' company, and watching a little bit of nice clean TV.
We helped them to bed, then headed up the lane to our house. Dad had ordered an ultraviolet light that makes some of the rocks in his collection glow, and it had come a day early, and the vacuum cleaner man brought Mom a new piece to replace the carpet-cleaning part of her vacuum cleaner that was broken. So Dad and Mom had to show us how their new 'toys' worked before we went to bed :) .
By the time I did get to bed, I was super tired, but it was a 'good' tired - the kind you feel after a long, full, good day.

No comments: