~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, July 13, 2012

Today I Am Thankful

With the past couple of days' disappointment and uncertainty over the situation with Mrs. Renae's family, I have been naturally 'down', and yet after the initial shock and denial, I have been able to trust the Lord with the situation, knowing He has it completely under control anyway! But still, I was refreshed by the day's reading out of my daily devotional book - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 - and the author's listing of some things she was thankful for. At the bottom of the page, it was suggested that the reader list five things they were grateful for and think on those things throughout the day.
I listed five things, but my mind kept thinking of more. Besides, with the discouragement about things at the church, I needed a 'thankfulness day' to keep the right perspective and not let me forget the amazing kindness and goodness of the Lord. So I kept a little list going all day, listing specific things of the day that I was thankful for.

1. Mission trips.
2. Victory Rd.
3. The S. family.
4. Maggie the kitten.
5. My own copy of the Bible in my own language.
6. Religious freedom.
7. Living in the country.
8. Peace and confidence in God and His power.
9. Tilly (my car).
10. A warm sun on chilly mornings and a cool breeze on hot afternoons.
11. A missionary friend's visit.
12. Frozen pizza.
13. Getting to take a long nap.
14. Rainy weather.
15. A water-proof house, also with heating and air conditioning.
16. The life and testimony of Peter Marshall.
17. Loyal friends.
18. The song "Blessings" by Laura Story.
19. The sound of happy country katydids and locusts in the trees at night.

By no means an exhaustive list, yet it records some of the special things I encountered during the day, or that the Lord brought to my mind as far as things He's blessed me with.

No comments: