~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Friday, May 11, 2012

My "Tidbits from Life" Journal

I have a small, spiral-bound, vintage style, mint green notebook. It was given to me along with a set of wind chimes, at Easter by my 'secret sister' at church.


I love to write. The thing is, I tend to 'save' new notebooks, not wanting to use them and then be disappointed with the layout or content I used. But I decided it is more important to write than to 'save' a book that will be wasted anyway if it sits forever in my bookcase.


I chose to use this one for what I call a "Tidbits from Life" journal: A journal of thoughts, to-do lists, recipes, Scripture verses, song lyrics, poems, happenings, trivia, things-to-remember, random facts, doodles, special memories, and whatever else inspires.
The idea came partly from Breezy Brookshire and her "Little Black Notebook", and partly from Trissy, who keeps a composition notebook that she records sermon and devotional notes in.


So far it has been rather therapeutic :) . I started it with the 30 Hour Famine, and have recorded something almost everyday since, whether it was a quote, a memory from that day, a Bible verse that blessed me, or a detailed account of something that happened.
I think this was a good idea :) !

P.S. Please forgive the poor-quality cellphone photos.

No comments: