~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Below The Plateau - Blog Party



Here is another blog party I found! It looked fun too, so I decided to enter it while I was entering blog parties! ;)
Go to http://belowtheplateau.blogspot.com/ to learn more, and enter too - there are some really great give-aways to be awarded! But you'll need to hurry, 'cause you don't have much time... It ends today!

The questions:

1. Ring! Ring! You receive a phone call from a national sweepstakes organization saying that you have won a life-time supply of your favorite beverage!! What would that drink be?

Well, my favorite drink is water, but the Lord has allowed me to live in a place where I can just go to the faucet and get as much as I want anytime.
So I guess I'd ask for my next-favorite - fresh raw cow's milk, rich and sweet!



~

2. If you could live in a Jane Austen novel, which book would you pick? What character would you be?

Well, I know this is going to come as a shock to you Jane Austen junkies out there, but I WOULD NOT want to be in a Jane Austen story! I have seen one (maybe two) of the movies made after her books, and that is PLENTY for my appetite! Hope I'm not making any enemies here... just being honest.

~

3. What is your theme song, that favorite song that absolutely matches you?

I've actually got several. But these two probably come closest:

"Sitting At The Feet Of Jesus" - hymn (Tune: J. W. Davis - Words: Rev. K. C. Minter)



"I'll Praise You In This Storm" - new (Casting Crowns)



~

4. You are trapped on a deserted island. Your only supplies are the clothes you have on, and a box with five things in it. What are those five things?

- My Bible.



- An anywhere-reaching-unlimited-minutes phone.



There. What else would I need?! I mean, I use the phone to call for help, and read my Bible in the meantime! Ok, I guess I'd probably get hungry while I was waiting for the help to get there...

- A Goliath-size box of energy bars.



- Soap.



- A knife.



And I'd still have the box these things came in that I could do something with... Is it wooden or cardboard? 'Cause if it's cardboard, that could limit my options...

~

5. Chocolate or Caramel?

Hmm, probably chocolate. I really like caramel too, it just needs chocolate to go with it :) . But I like either. I will say one thing though; I'm not chocolate-crazy like some people are. I like it okay, but that's about as far as it goes. :)



~

6. Vacation! If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Easy. Scotland.



~

7. If forced to do one of the two, which would you do: sky diving or scuba diving? Why?

Ohh! Sky diving! I've wanted to go sky diving since I was little. Yes, I know, it involves risk. But how much risky-er can you get than careening along at 70 (or more) miles an hour, in a four-wheeled contraption not too well-built nowadays, with alot of others equally not-too-safely-built, and their drivers even crazier than you are, all whizzing along within a couple of yards of each other?! Yet we get on the free-way all the time...



~

8. Favorite TV show, and why?

Here again, several favorites. But these are my three most favorite, I think. Why? Because I love clean, wholesome, funny, and sometimes old-fashioned things to watch.
{Note: Sue Thomas has had a couple of things I didn't like. There have been a few times (like at formal events) where the clothing was a little less-than, in my opinion. And there are four (I think) episodes where two people kiss who are not married. These things are pretty rare, though, and the shows promote the good-guys-always-win idea, love of America, respect to women and children, and the fight for good, that's why I enjoy them (not to mention mystery, edge-of-your-seat plots, and a peak into what the guys at the real F.B.I. go through so we can sleep safe at night).}

1. The Roy Rogers Show



2. The Andy Griffeth Show



3. Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye



~

9. Are you a coffee and donuts sorta lady, or a tea and scones type of gal?

Well, I don't drink coffee, and rarely get donuts. But on the other hand, I've never had the opportunity to try scones that I know of. I do drink lots of mint tea in the winter though!



~

10.The time machine has finally been created, and you are the first to be able to use it! What era would you travel too?

The 1800s in America.



~

11. What is the last movie you watched?

Johnny Tremain - great movie. Not quite like the book, but I feel like the changes they made were acceptable ones.



~

12. Ding-dong!!! Your favorite actor/singer/celebrity is at your front door! Who would it be?

I don't really have many 'heros' that aren't already people I know personally. I'll need to think about that one for a bit, but I'll try to remember to come back and fill this one in later.

~

13. What was your absolute favorite toy as a baby?

How should I remember?! I was a baby! LOL!


~

14. What types of blogs do you like best? (examples: DIY, cooking, journal, ect.)

I like a wide variety. I enjoy the journal type - just hearing about other peoples' lives, and the funny, sad, exraordinary, mundane things that happen to them. I also like craft tutorials, recipes, give-aways, book reviews, movie advice, politics-from-a-Christian-world-view, photography, creative writing, etc. I really enjoy blogs where all these elements are touched on every now and then.



~

15. What is your favorite Bible verse, your "life verse?"

"To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me." - Acts 26:18

It is my earnest prayer that my life will accomplish this in the lives of those I know and love who are not saved, and in the lives of others I don't even know are watching.



Oh my! Is that the end?! I really enjoyed this one too!
Hope you all enjoyed these little peeks into my mind :) !

'Til next time,

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

-Kyrie<><

{All images from Photobucket.}

1 comment:

Laura said...

Loved reading these!
We desperately need catch up. : )

Laura