~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Book Review: "Quick Tips for Busy Families" by Jay Payleitner

Quick Tips for Busy Families: Sneaky Strategies for Raising Great KidsQuick Tips for Busy Families: Sneaky Strategies for Raising Great Kids by Jay Payleitner

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Mr. Payleitner writes with a fun and engaging style that is as effective at keeping his readers turning the pages as the short, quick, and straightforward ‘strategies’ (instead of ‘chapters’) are.

I am not married, and so therefore do not have children of my own. However, I work at a school and consider my students ‘my kids’ to a large extent. I chose this book hoping to use it as a reference and aid in discovering how to better help, serve, and deal with my students’ issues and needs. Some of the tips and advice are obviously more applicable to home life and/or ones’ own children. But much of the material can also be adapted to be useful in settings and situations like my own, for adults simply wanting to be a blessing to children they spend a generous amount of time with – baby sitters, grandparents, day care workers, Sunday School teachers, school staff, etc.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Blogging for Books for my honest review.

No comments: