~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Hodge-podge Collage

It's bedtime. The rest of the house is dark and quiet, but there is a lamp on beside me. I am ensconsed in Dad's big recliner in the living room for the night because I'm trying to organize my room and can't get to my bed at this point. I have a notebook and a pen...

My thoughts are like a hodge-podge collage tonight. Thoughts, colors, people, songs, scenes, events, past, present, future, all layered together and overlapping into a display that, really, is quite beautiful, in spite of the pain that's part of the piece.

Melissa's sadness * "Like An Avalanche" * Law's sweet prayer * Abigail's shirt striped with sequins * Julia saying good-bye * Autumn's joking rebuke that I can't figure out * the black hood of Austin's car * JV kids from last year back this year * seeing my 'brown-eyed boy' in Wal*Mart * "Christ In Me" * music practice last night * 'Multiply' with Joy * Law: "Was that a fat joke Austin?! You did! You just called Kyrie fat." Abigail: "Kyrie, he called you fat! Slap him!" Me: "No!" Austin's look of innocent bewildered confusion * my bedroom I'm wanting to clean out and organize * being behind on my '5 Small Things Friday' posts * wanting to write/journal * Uncle Alvin's family coming to visit * Law's soft shirt and lean hardness when he bumped against my arm * wanting to make things for the fair * hopes for our AWANAs at church * Bro. Nick's lesson tonight - 'Making Decisions for the Glory of God' * Lindy seeming pre-occupied * being hungry and tired * why didn't Archer come to Toby and Lindy's wedding? * not getting to tell Landon 'bye before he left for his year-long mission trip * Passion 2014? * letters to write * hugs from Piper * wearing my hair down * invite pain? reject pain? or forget pain? * "Learning To Be The Light" * VRCA school starting * needing to work on the academy website * What happened to Ashelyn and her husband? * Bro. Dennis and Mrs. Carrie * Bro. Dennis joking like old times at Toby and Lindy's rehearsal supper * ...

No comments: