~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Monday, August 20, 2012

S.O.A.P. Journaling - Romans 1:1-2:16

Date: Aug. 2012
Passage: Romans 1:1

Scripture:
"Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God," verse 1

Observation:
The apostle Paul is writing what is considered by many to be his greatest work, a book of practical exhortation, theology, and probably the most systematic presentaion of doctrine in the Bible. He writes to the Roman Christians in a fascinating style, balancing encouragement and exhortation, serious warning, biting sarcasm, quick wit, and a passionate, undeniable love and concern for his readers.

He starts out by identifying himself. His name (Paul). It's almost as if that is enough information for his readers, that they will immediately know who he is, and therefore, what he stands for, and the point of view he's coming from.
But before he hits them with the full force of his message, he takes the time to clarify his job (a servant of Jesus Christ), and the importance of his comission (an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God), just in case there is someone reading who may not know him, or who needs to be reminded why he is so passionate.

Application:
When others hear or read my name, what immediately comes to mind?
What kind of character, standards, and personality do those who know me think of automatically? Is my name/witness strong enough that I don't really have to explain who I am, but when someone who knows me encounters "Kyrie", immediately a person with incredible love and passion for the Lord, His Word, His people, and His work comes to mind?

Prayer:
"Oh Father, help me to live in such a way that people know my name and think of You because of what they know about me. Help me be so strong in my stand and love and life for You that others know my character and think of it when they encounter my name."

No comments: