~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Monday, December 27, 2010

Dark Days And Disappointments

Ok, this post really isn't as morbid as the title ... maybe ... I just couldn't come up with anything better, and I'm really discouraged right now. Mom's oldest brother passed away Christmas morning right after midnight. Her father fell and broke his hip the day before Thanksgiving, and has been in various hospitals (all at least an hour's drive away) ever since. College starts back for me Jan. 7. My registration didn't go through, so I don't know if I'll be able to get all my classes for this semester, and may be forced to graduate a whole year behind. That's not a big deal - the graduating late - it's just those eight extra months of school. I've got to get in contact with the instructors for the classes I will be taking this semester, and order books. The Grandmother is discouraged about the slow progress The Grandfather is making - they both just want him home. We all do. She, Dad, Mom, Trissy, and I are all exhausted from driving (some of us) to see him every day except two, I think, since he's been in the hospital. Trissy has been taking up my slack during school and finals, so she is tired. We were both sick with a virus all last week. Today is Mom's birthday, and instead of celebrating it, we are getting ready for a two-day drive, week-long trip, to go to her brother's funeral. Mom is tired worrying about The Grandparents, sad about losing her brother, and pressured while making plans to be gone several states away, for a week. Dad is tired from worrying about Mom all the time. And while our Christmas was nice (although very different), none of us have had a 'real' Christmas break.

So now that you've listened to my list of woes, let me say I'm sorry to weigh you down with my problems. I just had to let it out. Please pray for my whole family - we are all tired and discouraged. And please pray for me - I know I should be noble and selfless and submissive, but I am having alot of trouble right now being any of those, though I want to so badly. I just want to stay here. I don't want to go to a funeral, and I sure don't want to lose a whole week of my three-week break from school - especially since I'm really struggling with the stress of the college issues that have got to be taken care of before January 7.

I know God is soverign - He not only knows how this is all going to turn out, He planned it to turn out that way. Whenever I think of that, it is a great comfort - I know He will give me just enough strength to get through the 'schedule' He has laid out.

I wish it would rain - a beautiful, thundering, rejoicing, winter rain.
Somewhere, it is raining.

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

2 comments:

Josh said...

Merry CHRISTmas Kyrie!
I'm so sorry to hear of your hard week...Just remember to stay close to God through all of this. His grace is sufficient to carry your through the "storms" you are experiencing right now...

May you be lifted up by the joy of the Lord as you rest in Him...

Joshua

Cora Beth said...

Dear Kyrie,
I'm so sorry to hear you've been going through such a hard time lately. I'm so very glad that you know the Lord though, and are able to draw from His great strength. May He lift the clouds for a glimpse of sunshine soon!
Praying for you~
Cora