~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

All names on this blog (except for other Bloggers' names) have been changed to protect the privacy of the individuals. However, each pseudonym has been chosen with care, and reflects in some way or with some meaning the character/personality of each individual.

~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~~:~

"With God, all things are possible."

-------------------------------------

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer Days

I've been wanting to do a picture post since July of some of the things I was into this summer! I'm just now getting around to it, but at least it's getting done right? :)



So, here goes.



One day while the four of us (Dad, Mom, Trissy, and me) were in Wal*Mart shopping for a bird feeder for The Grandparents ( ;) ), I spotted a "Wren House" birdhouse. I love wrens, building, and the shape and design of this little house! "I could make one of those!" So with (alot of) help from Dad, I was able to create a very similar house, and add a few tweaks of my own to the design. I plan to enter it in 'woodworking' in the County Fair next week.











{"Finished Project" picture coming soon!}





Because I was going to be taking a summer class online, and so would not have much of a summer at all really, the four of us had kind of a "summer week". One of the things we did was go hike a trail in our area that we had never investigated before. Between Trissy and me, we got alot of pictures! But rather than bore you with all of them, I'm just posting a sample. :)







This little frog was about the size of a dime!











I wasn't really feeling good that day, but marked it off to the heat and being out of shape for all that walking. Well, apparently I really was coming down with something. I don't know what it was, but I sure felt miserable! Nothing soothes quite like a nice cup of hot chocolate though - even in the summer!







This is just a little something we thought was funny. The picture isn't good quality, but maybe you get the point. :)









We've also been working on some much-needed clothing.





Something we've really been needing is some new Sunday clothes. You can't hardly find anything decent in the stores, or even patterns for that matter. But we did finally find some patterns that, with just a little tweaking, I think will work.

We started cutting out my first dress the other day. I hope to have it done this week, so I can enter it in the County Fair next week. I'll try to post a picture when it's finished.







One more thing that I'm very thankful the Lord helped me get accomplish before school started, is {drumroll} a craft blog! I am really needing an 'outlet for my creativity' so to speak. My creations are piling up in my closet, and in various boxes, totes, bags and corners all over the house! And I'm running out of room for supplies for new projects. So, since I don't have an Etsy shop, a blog seemed the way to go. I am desperately trying to learn how to make a blog button, but since I don't have one yet, I'll just post the link:



http://www.handworked.blogspot.com



You can cut and paste it into your browser, or (if you like the easier road ;) ) you can just click here -> HAND WORKed





The rest of these pictures are just random summer snapshots. :)























SOLI DEO GLORIA!



-Kyrie<><

No comments: